Monday, August 4, 2008

Agency


It was warm tonight. A rarity to be warm walking to the T. I couldn’t help but dancing. It felt so good to be alive. Tonight I sat in the same room where I sat almost three years ago now. And I felt so good. And I was in awe at how a few little decisions can change everything. The choices to follow the Spirit have landed me here, in Boston. Those decisions made back in Middlebury were dynamic. They still move. I can no longer give details of many of those choices. I do not remember the mental processes or any of my thinking, but I still remember one of the final ones. I was so scared. So scared of losing a friend, of offending, of overstepping boundaries like I seemed to keep doing. Another rejection or awkward e-mail back almost prevented me. A few small choices and a daring move, and now I am here, surrounded by goodness and so happy. So much joy has come from deciding to act when the Spirit spoke. I am overwhelmed by the amazing people I have met here. I can feel the power that is in these souls. And I am so thankful for a loving God. As I neared Harvard Square all I could think was that even if I don’t become rich and famous here, or go to school here, or find someone to marry here, I will still be so happy and forever grateful that I got to breathe the air, and walk down the street in Cambridge tonight.

2 comments:

Kimi said...

Very Poetic. You are a great writer. I am glad you feel so good about your decisions. I have been at those crossroads many times in my life and have felt the fear and the anxiety about the choices that they before me. It is a great experience to look back and understand, as far as I can understand, why I made the choice I did and feel good about it and to say "Ahhh! That is why God steered me here." I am glad you are out east. It is a great place to be.
I have your program all ready I just need your address but I don't have your email just your blog, and it is a great blog. Will you email me at kimjim06@gmail.com

Case said...

It's been a while since it has been a warm night walking to the T :), but I can relate to what you are saying here. I love Boston and it's amazing inhabitants...you being a big one of those special inhabitants to me. It's so true what you told me those conversations we had over the phone when I was deciding to come here...that God leads people here. I feel His love so much in bringing me here.